Tuesday 28 April 2015


27th-28th May 2015

Most of the time spent during this 2 days was to get the basic animation for the game out. I started with making a "test" animation just to make sure nothing is broken or any skin weight going crazy for future animation. I used the dance reference from PSY gangnam style and some pictures to did this test.

I also tried to tidy up some other stuff from other team members like checking on their object models, texturing just to make sure it fits to my initial concept design. This seems to be harder than I anticipated.



Since the programmers were busy as well and I could not wait for them anymore I manually set my own mock environment in order to test if these animation actually work in Unreal upon baking.
Have a quick meeting with the programmers as well on how they want me to design my animation and presented it to them for easy coding.

This week target animation are as followed:
  • IDLE
  • BLADING
  • JUMPING
Managed to squeezed a WALL GRIND animation as well which as shown below.




During these time I was actually looking and playing with lighting in Unreal as I really wanted the AO effect to appear in the game (as mentioned in previous post without knowing, Unreal actually support this, I actually bake my AO light to my character). Have not really go in depth to it but I will surely do to understand it better this week.

Reflection Segment: Working in a team with diverse background experience is pretty hard and refreshing at the same time. Personally if things go well, i really think this could be a good game..but that a big IF...as we have a few issue within the group itself...

No comments:

Post a Comment