Monday 27 April 2015

22nd May 2015

Things did not go as planned for today desk critique and we were bashed really hard. Firstly we have not really prepared as a group on what to present, yes, as individual each of us had did a certain part but as Laz mentioned we were falling way behind. In due honesty I have never thought we were the few "good" group as  Laz pointed out; it is easy to fix a bad group compare to fixing a good group.
I am unsure about the others but it is the wake up call I needed.

Reflection segment: Laz and Alex was pointing out how i did my workflow wrong in terms of exporting and importing of those animation to the game. Surprisingly I am really annoyed at myself for wasting too much time in fixing those controls and orientation but at the same time I had pretty much  understood what is the limitation in Unreal.

23rd-25th May 2015

Had the same issue involving  some joints orientation that peeves me off and decided to re-rig everything from the ground. While researching I came across the ART rigging embed in Unreal for Maya.
The good thing: Instant Rigging and controls.
The Bad: Shit ass buggy and no way in hell i could even get a rigged done to it (cause i am using maya 2015)

Took me awhile to get things up and also I was waiting for the programmer to set up a "mock" world in Unreal so that I could test if my fbx file actually work in Unreal.

Finished and cleaning up a simple script that will allowed me to set up control easier for future character.

Reflection segment: It was a frustrating process especially while using the ART add in Maya. Things keep crashing in weird manner without any backup which resulting in time lost and repetitive actions and workload. Realizing this will not work and to avoid more time lost I decide to work back the joints traditionally.

No comments:

Post a Comment