Wednesday 15 April 2015

28th -29th March 2015

Started my research on low polygon modelling. Seems that I could actually have more polygon usage that I initially thought off if the game was done for the PC. Most discussion on the  web was saying it should range between 500-5000 polys.
Give a skype call to my friend (who is working in ubisoft singapore) to ask him for his opinion on how to tackle the polygons issue which pretty much a bad move cause we just start playing Dota for 6 hrs after that.
Well it wasn't really a waste he did tell me about it; just that it only took us less than a minute.

His advice was to keep my poly in range of no more than 3000. 

Back to lynda.com for more tutorials video after that.


30th -31st March 2015

I am ready to embark the journey to model again. Its been ages since i model stuff which go back all the way to 2011 so I was quite worried that i had forgotten some of the stuff. Once maya launched, looking at its UI scared the shit out of me-well not really. Still it took me a few hours to remember those shortcuts, script, tumbling around the 3D space which at time, frustrating.

Oh well. Time to pawned noobs in DOTA due to release the frustration

Started to "boxing" out the shape using the model sheet did earlier
Getting a hang of it after killing some noobs in DOTA

Half the head done!


No comments:

Post a Comment