Tuesday 21 April 2015

20th-21st April 2015

With the UVs out of the way I still had the baking of light issues I had to take care off. Again most of the research had been done way earlier and countless of hours was spend in trying to get the settings right.

AO map

This what has been bugging me while I managed to get those AO map out rendered there seems to be a hole plunging out around the area of the faces which giving me a nasty result when i slapped it in to photoshop.

The process here is pretty much tweaking and returning to photoshop to make it right.

Initial Concept color

This is what i get when slapping both the AO and paint textures together, the blending of the "fake shadows" make life a little easier for me.


Work and more work


At times it does feel as if I am going around in circle throughout the whole process. The repetitve actions of going back and forth to PSD , Maya and 3d COAT is kind of vexing. Still, as hours and days goes by i found myself pretty accustomed to this which at certain point of time i was actually coloring the OBJ model in PSD itself!

Pretty much done
 At the end of the process i added few more textures and colored to the character face. Did a minor tweak as well  to have his jaw and mouth look more defined!.

Minor tweaking make alot of different
Reflection Segment: Moving along these process constantly make me wonder would there be any "correct" method in getting things done more systematically. Which pretty much none, while there a few pipeline that artist have to go through the order of moving along that pipeline is up for an individual. While this is really an audacious and time consuming I am pretty sure my next character model for the game would't take me this long at all.


No comments:

Post a Comment