Tuesday 21 April 2015

17th April 2015

While some of the dates were not recorded it does not mean I am doing nothing. Most of the time I had been doing research for the model in terms of getting an ambient occlusion method to the character and environment.  I was also worried regarding the smooth section in Maya as it will increase my faces to double the figures that i currently had right now!

Reflection corner: Upon doing some of this research (as Laz suggested) I began to realize that i should had approach the modelling method in a total different way rather than going by the animation modelling pipeline. While these method are pretty similar (especially in terms of smoothing the character) it could save me a lot of time which sadly as if now; pretty much I had to retopology the character in some of the "smooth" area.

The next stuff that was needed to be done was the unwrapping of our protagonist. Frankly this is my least favorite segment as I am not really fond of unwrapping UVs; still that doesn't mean I am unable to do it!

YIKES....rubbish ahead..this is why i hate unwrapping UVs
headache

Patience ....patience

I first started unwrapping in both Maya and Max which i find really time consuming so I switch to another software called 3D Coat. While it is not officially used for unwrapping model (it is pretty similar to Zbrush)It makes unwrapping a breeze compare to Maya or Max.

No comments:

Post a Comment