Monday 25 May 2015

22rd -23th May 2015

Here I met another hindrance to my progress; "How do i actually get a sprite to work in Unity like i want it to be in 2D world?" The arrows, as feedback from Laz and Alex, lack of textures make the world "dead". Texturing the cars wouldn't be a problem, the 2D sprite is. Spend quite a few hours in trying to figure out how does sprite works in Unreal and took me quite sometimes to get it working.



Once we get it to worked, Joe and Stan realised this was not really the correct way to do it as they need the sprites to be INSIDE a materials as they need to make  as a spline. I recommend you to look at Stan's blog on how he actually managed to get it done in the end. While i did the sprites he single handlely managed to solve this issues we had for the past 2 weeks!

After this was fixed, I had to get back texturing. What i thought to be an easy task for me turn out to be a frustrated morning once again. Woke up at 430am only to find myself to really start working on the assets at 730am!

Why you might asked? The lack of project and assets management. Again, I didn't want to sound like a bitch, but I had asked Miguel to check and clean up the assets needed to be textured ages ago, upon returning back to the folder all I found are files laying around everywhere.

If this has been done it make life easier for me and John to complete our task at hand. Nonetheless I managed to get the car that is needed for texturing but what lies after that gave me more headache.
Granted he isn't an artist, but so do Joe (our level designer), but he took an effort to learn when i pointed things out, with Miguel I am lost of words as i had mentioned him over and over to be careful of the "edge loop" when modelling any stuff. I didn't even asked him to model complex stuff yet it took me a total of 3 hours to textured and retopo the edge of his car model!

shit that i have to put it with 
.
after fixing the edge loop and unwrapping it nicely

Reflection for the day: I beginning to realise, while I know I am a patience guy but getting this issues repeated over and over even after pointing it out to an individual kinda tires me out

No comments:

Post a Comment