Tuesday 19 May 2015

18th-19th May 2015

Working on more textures. Things that have been added in relation to Laz critique last week:-


  • Added trees
  • Game Object textures
  • Overall color outlook (This was done by the level designer and the other artist, I was tweaking things to make the world more standardize in term of colors)
  • Billboard
Tree test

One of the few textures for the billboard

This is where things get a little heat up. The team keep pointing out my mistake regarding the issues that was done for the character, while I admit I make those mistake it was more due to an unforeseen mistake. It get a little tiring to explain that the error was not due to the skeleton INSTEAD it was due to the cluster and vertices changes in the FBX files that literally cause this issues.

Ways to fixed it? I know how to do it. How?
  1. Unskinned the character model
  2. Fix the hole 
  3. Reattached the skin and skeleton
  4. Rebake all the animation to the character
This i believed will fix the issues we are having now BUT NOBODY is listening to me and thus it kind of irritated me badly.

Reflection Segment: I could not fix it now due to the time and the desk critique is tomorrow While I was actually telling my other members off, there was no malice or personal attack to it. It's just that no one seems to listen. People use the word "LAZY" or "I DONT CARE" really tick me off as here I am trying to understand both programmers and artist pipeline, getting those comments from the team members is infruating..
Again it fall down to communication and i will talk to them tomorrow to clear things up.

No comments:

Post a Comment