Tuesday 19 May 2015

13th May 2015

The desk critique doesn't go well today.We were bashed pretty hard due to the fact that our game, in Laz on words, there isn't any game out of it. What we have is just a mechanics and a character that running around the world aimlessly.
Other criticism includes:-

  • World is boring
  • Aimless track
  • Too many empty spaces (lacking of level design)
In my defence, I really did my part in terms of fixing stuff to the character model, texturing and helping John (the other artist) in setting color to those models. The only mistake I make was thinking that alpha mapping work similarly in both Maya and Unreal. Thus we were unable to show the arrow direction of the race track. 

Laz remind me to sort it out by next week.

Reflection segment: I realised a little peculiar habit my group had. While we are suppose to be in a constant progress, strangely we only get to work after we get our butt kick from Laz. It seems we are likely to get a praise on single week and then get screwed at the next. I bring this issues to the group and all of us agreed that we need to fix this for next critique.

14th May 2015

Start researching with alpha mapping for Unreal. The goal is to have the the image showing only the desired 2D object with a transparent background. While Maya could take 2 different mapping this is not the case for Unreal. 

Reflection Segment: I feel this is really the most crucial part, the highlight of hurdles that I need to overcome for this semester. The game need the arrow on the track for this semester showcase but I just couldn't get to grasp and understand how I get it to work. I knew if i managed to solve this problem it would open a new ways to manipulate the game assets without actually modelling stuff in 3D.

No comments:

Post a Comment