Monday 23 March 2015

20th - 22nd May 2015

Did a short research regarding ambient occlusion technique as we are moving away from the normal roller-blade cell shading game cliche, Think this technique could help me and Johnson later on.

Been 2 days since I actually looked back to the main character, not because I don't want too, it's more to the lack of ideas running in my head. I was asking other groups of people other than my group members, while most of them kind off give me an answer, I am more particular drawn to an answer given by my 8 years old cousin; "For a hero he looks pretty mean with the sharp eyes" . Another  feedback was what I get from Stan and Joey "The color code of the character doesn't give the feeling of a hero".

Meanwhile while still trying to figure our hero, I began to sketch out his rival, his unrequited love partner. On my previous post I had actually sketch her out to a certain extend, this are the guidelines i had in mind while drawing her:-

  1. She will be 2 years older than Tessa.
  2. Very competitive and in different team from Tessa.
  3. She has a personality of a bitch. ^_^
1.1 Rose initial concept
This was the first full body concept and I hate it right away. I have no answer to why I hate this particular concept, it's just my gut feeling telling me this is certainly not what I want and not what i had in mind so much so i didn't even bother showing to other team members!


1.2 Rose makeover concept
Did a few short sketches on my sketchbook and ultimately land on this look.While it is no near the finished product I was pretty happy how she turns out.

1.3 Rose makeover concept
Show it to others and all of them agreed of having the girl wearing the third costume with high boots roller-blade. I will certainly make an adjustment in the future so watch this space!.

No comments:

Post a Comment